Water is too precious to be used only once.
Benefits for local communities
With the high cost of transporting water, Veolia Water Technologies is helping more municipalities around the world turn to water reuse technologies to:
- help attract new industry
- support agricultural irrigation
- water lawns and parks
- wash streets
- maintain their tourism industry
- protect the environment
Wastewater is the only water resource of which volume increases proportionally to economic development and consumption.
Water reuse applications
Applications include facility cooling, boiler feed water, industrial process water, watering green spaces and golf courses, ground water storage and recovery and salt intrusion barriers in coastal communities.
Top of the page
Water reuse technologies
Veolia Water Technologies offers a range of water reuse technologies depending on application:
- Hydrotech™ Discfilters
- Biostyr™ Biological Aerated Filters (BAF) for simultaneous nitrification / denitrification
- Actiflo® and Actiflo® Pack high-rate sand ballasted clarifier, either in concrete or pre-engineered units
- Filtraflo™ Rapid Gravitational Filters, sending raw water through a granular media (sand, activated carbon, anthracite, pumice, shale, limestone, etc.)
- Biosep™ / Neosep™ Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) combining aerobic biological treatment (activated sludge) and immersed membrane filtration
- Membrane Technologies offering various MF, UF, NF and RO options
Veolia reuse solutions are helping conserve fresh water resources in Berlin, Singapore, Dubai, Milan, Barcelona, Durban, Windhoek (Namibia) and Wollongong (Australia).